Caitlin Flanagan counsels clients in transactional matters in the context of oil and gas production, renewable energy, insurance coverage, construction, and maritime operations. She drafts and negotiates contracts for oil, gas, and renewable energy producers and service contractors, including master service agreements, drilling contracts, purchase orders, charters, licensing and other software-based agreements, non-disclosures agreements, and construction contracts. She splits her time between the firm’s New Orleans and Denver offices. She is a graduate of the Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) program, Energy Risk and Insurance Specialist (ERIS), and Transportation Risk and Insurance Professional (TRIP) program which focus on the insurance and risk-management needs of construction, energy, and transportation work. While in law school, Caitlin completed a judicial internship with Chief Judge Brian A. Jackson of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
- Assisted in drafting, negotiating, and administering comprehensive service agreement programs for publicly-traded E&P companies.
- Assisted in negotiating a long term oil & gas drilling contract for operations in Argentina on behalf of a major U.S. E&P company.
- Assisted in negotiating a joint use agreement among national gas pipeline companies.
- Drafted form service, purchase order, construction, consulting, and drilling contracts for multiple oil and gas producers, including offshore producers.
- Assisted in overhauling insurance program for a national construction company.
- Member, Louisiana State Association
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Oil & Gas Association
- Member, Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Member, Young Professionals in Energy Denver
- Member, Women in Oil and Gas Association
- Member, Women’s Energy Network
- Member, Denver Petroleum Club
News & Recognition
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America in Insurance Law (2021– 2022).
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star – Energy & Natural Resources (2018 –2020).
- Inside New Orleans Readers’ Favorite Elite Lawyers – Oil & Gas Law (2021).
- Junior League, New Orleans
- Flanagan Partners LLP – Tier 1 ranking in Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance, and Oil & Gas – U.S. News/Best Lawyers (2013 – 2015).
- Colorado (2019)
- Louisiana (2013)
- U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2013)
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (2013)
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana (2013)
- U. S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana (2013)
Loyola University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Certificate in International Legal Studies
University of Mississippi, B.A., 2010
Graduate of the IRMI Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) course
Graduate of the IRMI Energy Risk and Insurance Specialist (ERIS) course
Graduate of the IRMI Transportation Risk and Insurance Professional (TRIP) course