Camille Gauthier concentrates her practice in commercial litigation and appeals. Before joining Flanagan Partners, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable W. Eugene Davis of the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Gauthier graduated summa cum laude from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. She received her law degree from Tulane Law School, where she served as Senior Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review and graduated summa cum laude and Order of the Coif.
- Representing a closely held firm against claims alleging interference with the development of a petrochemical facility.
- Representing, as appellate counsel, a Fortune 500 Company in multiple challenges to a multi-million dollar asbestos-related judgment.
- Representing a foreign director of offshore hedge funds against breach of fiduciary duty claims in complex securities litigation.
- Representing a records custodian in mandamus litigation related to a public-records request of government emails.
- Representing, in multi-stage writ practice, an insurance company seeking recusal of a district judge.
- Representing tax sale purchasers before the First Circuit Court of Appeal and the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Associations
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association
- Member, Lafayette Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Tulane Law Review Board of Advisory Editors
- Member, Tulane Law Review Alumni Association
- Junior Honorary Member, Louisiana State Law Institute
- Emerging Philanthropists of New Orleans (2018)
- Volunteer Coach of Tulane International Criminal Court Moot Court Team
News & Recognition
Honors & Awards
- Named to the Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch list (2021).
- Listed among Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Business Litigation Attorney (2019-20).
- Tulane Law School:
- “Class of 2000” Law Review Leadership Award
- Robert Friedman Award for Best Law Review Comment
- Cicero C. Sessions Trial Advocacy Award
- James A. Wysocki Trial Advocacy Award
- CALI Awards for Highest Grades in Torts, Criminal Law, Civil Law Torts, Evidence, Legal Profession, Advanced Legal Research, and Advanced Criminal Practice
- Flanagan Partners LLP – Tier 1 ranking in Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance, and Oil & Gas – U.S. News/Best Lawyers
- Louisiana State Bar Association, “Federal Practice and Preserving Appellate Rights” (2019)
- New Orleans Bar Association, “Tips for Making (and Surviving) a Daubert Challenge” (2019)
- American Bar Association Committee for Liaison with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, and Department of Justice, “To Err on the Side of Preserving Error; Preservation Requirements in the Fifth Circuit” (2019)
- Setting Precedents Appellate Practice Seminar, “The Role of the Second Chair on Appeal” (2018)
- New Orleans Bar Association, “To Err on the Side of Preserving Error; Preservation Requirements in the Fifth Circuit” (2018)
- Advanced Appellate Practice, “The Role of the Second Chair on Appeal” (2017)
- Is it Really That Simple?: Circuits Split Over Reasonable Suspicion Requirement for Visual Body-Cavity Searches of Arrestees, 86 Tul. L. Rev. 247 (2011).
- Peterson v. City of Fort Worth: The Fifth Circuit Demands More than the Demanding Standard of Monell to Establish Municipal Liability Under § 1983, 85 Tul. L. Rev. 1407 (2011).
- Proposed Rule of Professional Conduct 1.17: Sale of a Law Practice, (Co-authored with Steven G. “Buzz” Durio), La. Bar. J., Apr./May 2012, at 414.
- Louisiana (2012)
- U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2013)
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (2013)
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana (2013)
- U. S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana (2013)
Tulane Law School, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Senior Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
Hon. W. Eugene Davis, U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2012-13