Meghan Grant advises and represents businesses in contractual, regulatory, and litigation matters, particularly in the areas of oil and gas, insurance coverage/recovery, construction, and complex commercial disputes. Before joining Flanagan Partners, her practice included surety, construction, commercial litigation, as well as insurance defense. She is admitted to practice in both Louisiana and Colorado.
Ms. Grant graduated cum laude from Louisiana State University and magna cum laude from Tulane Law School, where she served as a Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review and a Legal Research and Writing Senior Fellow.
- Advising and representing oil and gas operators in a wide variety of commercial and contractual disputes.
- Advising oil and gas operators on regulatory aspects of their health and safety programs.
- Drafting and negotiating operational agreements for oil and gas operators, such as easements, road-sharing agreements, pipeline crossings, surface use agreements, and similar contracts.
- Advising oil and gas operators in responding to casualties (including personal injury, pollution, and blowouts/well-control events) and conducting related training.
- Conducting internal investigations and audits.
- Representing clients pursing insurance coverage, including oil and gas operators seeking well-control, personal injury/liability, and related coverages and commercial policyholders seeking business interruption and property damage coverage.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial construction contracts.
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association (2012 – Present)
- Member, Federal Bar Association – New Orleans Chapter (2012 – Present)
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association (2012 – Present)
- Member, Colorado State Bar Association (2013 – Present)
- Trail Completion Committee Volunteer, Friends of Lafitte Greenway (2019 – Present)
- Board of Directors, Children’s Speech and Reading Center in Fort Collins, Colorado (2014 – 2016)
News & Recognition
- Named to the Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch list (2021).
- Named to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (2019-20).
- Co-presented on insurance claims handling for the Insurance Law Committee of the New Orleans Bar Association (2019).
- Recipient of the award for the highest grade in Successions, Donations, and Trusts at Tulane Law School.
- Louisiana (2012)
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana (2012)
- Colorado (2013)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2013)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado (2013)
Tulane Law School, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
- Legal Research and Writing Senior Fellow
Louisiana State University, B.A., 2008, cum laude