Meghan Grant advises and represents businesses in contractual, regulatory, and litigation matters, particularly in the areas of oil and gas, insurance coverage/recovery, construction, and complex commercial disputes. Before joining Flanagan Partners, her practice included surety, construction, and commercial litigation and insurance defense. She is admitted to practice in both Louisiana and Colorado.
Ms. Grant graduated cum laude from Louisiana State University and magna cum laude from Tulane Law School, where she served as a Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review and a Legal Research and Writing Senior Fellow.
Oil and Gas
• Advising and representing oil and gas operators in a wide variety of commercial and contractual disputes.
• Advising oil and gas operators on regulatory aspects of their health and safety programs.
• Drafting and negotiating property agreements for oil and gas operators, such as easements, road-sharing agreements, pipeline crossings, surface use agreements, and similar contracts.
• Advising oil and gas operators in responding to incidents (including personal injury, pollution, and well-control events) and conducting related training.
• Conducting internal investigations and audits.
• Representing clients pursing insurance coverage, particularly oil and gas operators seeking well-control, personal injury/liability, and related coverages and commercial policyholders seeking business interruption and property damage coverage.
Construction and Surety
• Drafting and negotiating commercial construction contracts.
• Representing sureties in negotiating and settling payment and performance bond claims asserted in connection with public and private construction projects.
• Representing sureties in indemnity actions against their bonded principals.
• Member, Louisiana State Bar Association (2012 – Present)
• Member, Federal Bar Association – New Orleans Chapter (2012 – Present)
• Member, New Orleans Bar Association (2012 – Present)
• Member, Colorado State Bar Association (2013 – Present)
• Board of Directors, Children’s Speech and Reading Center in Fort Collins, Colorado (2014 – 2016)
• Trail Completion Committee Volunteer, Friends of Lafitte Greenway (2019 – Present)
News & Recognition
• Named to the 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
• Co-presented on insurance claims handling for the Insurance Law Committee of the New Orleans Bar Association. (2019)
• Recognition for assistance in researching and preparing Omar J. Harb et al., The Surety’s Subrogation Rights and Claims Against the Federal Government, in The Contract Bond Surety’s Subrogation Rights 559 (George J. Bachrach et al. eds., 2013).
• Recipient of the award for the highest grade in Successions, Donations, and Trusts at Tulane Law School.
- Louisiana (2012)
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana (2012)
- Colorado (2013)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2013)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado (2013)
Tulane Law School, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
- Legal Research and Writing Senior Fellow
Louisiana State University, B.A., 2008, cum laude